Starting my next build, I was able to pick up an extra Proffieboard from KR Sabers so I'll be putting this together as I get time. I plan to use the 1-button mod from Dmitry and The Negotiator font from Fourze. I actually picked up the parts a while back but was stuck on how to add an AUX, then seeing Dmitry's thread on going to 1 button at the same time KR got the Proffies back in stock it all came together.
I'm using Goth's Padawan chassis, I already wired up the recharge port and kill switch with the battery and began running the wires for the neopixel connector. This saber is just to add to my collection, so no bells and whistles or modifications, just a straightforward build so it should be pretty quick and painless (knock on wood).
I also wired up the switch and inserted in the hilt
I tested the recharge port and kill switch already to make sure it's all wired up correctly.
Next I plan to wire up the neopixel connector and speaker in preparation for the board, which should be arriving by the end of the week.
Even though I've installed a few I still have to close my eyes and hold my breath for the very first light up, luckily it turned on right away and that little bit of fear is extinguished by the bright light of success.
And of course a video:
Happy that everything worked I went ahead and inserted the chassis in the main body of the hilt. Once fully assembled the Recharge port and Kill Switch will be accessed from the bottom of the hilt by removing the pommel so I carefully inserted the chassis in from the top and worked it down.
In order to keep the wires from becoming pinched or over-twisted when I screw the hilt together I pulled the chassis all the way out the bottom before screwing, then as I screwed the parts together I rotated the chassis internally to prevent too much tension on the wires.
Once fully tightened I push the chassis in the rest of the way, but leave it sticking out enough to be able to grab, you don't want to push in flush (the pommel will cover the rest) otherwise you'll need to unscrew the main body to get the chassis back out since it's a pretty snug fit.
And finally I screw on the pommel to make sure it all fits correctly.
And of course one more test to make sure nothing bad happened during assembly.
All that's left is the small parts, I want to beat up on the saber and run it a few times before gluing the final parts on, just to be safe. But it already looks pretty nice if I do say so myself.
It's sounds good so far much quieter than the 28mm, but to be fair all of my other builds have all used the 28mm bass or 28mm WOWspeaker so I don't have anything else to go by. It's not bad though considering how much smaller it is.